Frequently asked questions
FAQs about travelling
Yes, you can travel between more than 130 bus stops located all over the island. Line 28 takes you from the ferry harbour to Den Burg Center and De Koog, and vice versa. The mini buses will take you all over the island when line 28 is not an option for your journey.
No, you can travel from any bus stop to the ferry without having to switch buses.
You can travel to and from more than 130 bus stops on Texel. Public transport is always nearby.
Is your starting point or destination further than 500 meters - as the crow flies - from a bus stop? Then the Texelhopper will pick you up where you are or bring you to your desired destination.
No, Texelhopper is not a door-to-door service. You can travel to and from more than 130 bus stops on Texel. Only when your starting point or destination is further than 500 meters - as the crow flies - from a bus stop, will Texelhopper pick you up from where you are or bring you to your desired destination.
Yes, there is a guaranteed connection.
FAQs about tickets
- When paying with credit or an OV-chipkaart, you pay a boarding fee of € 0.90 plus an kilometre fee of € 0.1775 per kilometre travelled.
- There are also different subscriptions
- We also sell tickets:
- Single ride for € 3.00 for a one-way trip
- Day Pass for € 7.50: valid for 1 person for 1 day
- Family Pass for € 17.50: valid for 2 adults and maximum of 3 children
- Week Pass for € 37.50: valid for 1 person for 7 days
Paying for bus line 28
- You can buy a ticket from the bus driver with bank or credit card only or at various points of sale where cash payment also an option.
- With an OV-chipkaart at the start of your bus ride
Paying for the mini-buses (reservation required)
- You can purchase a ticket at the Connexxion counter at Den Helder Station or at various points of sale on Texel. Please note: you need to reserve the mini bus and cannot just hop on and buy a ticket.
- With an OV-chipkaart at the start of your bus ride.
- In the bus with a bank or credit card.
- You can also pay online when making a reservation via the website or the Texelhopper app. Easy payment with credit card.
Line 33 runs between Den Helder and Veerhaven station. You travel with line 33 from Den Helder Station to Veerhaven? Then pay your trip with your OV-chipkaart (fixed rate) or buy a € 3.00 ticket from the driver using bank or credit card or at the Den Helder Desk where it is also possible to pay in cash. The return trip to the Veerhaven - Den Helder station is included, you do not have to pay again.
> More information
Has your question not been answered? Please contact one of our customer service representatives.